|Compensation:||Open, 1099 or corp-to-corp (or W2 by request)|
|Audience:||IT/network/storage managers, directors, and C-level executives|
|Location:||Entirely onsite in San Jose (required)|
|Duration:||Full-time, 40 hrs/week, four (4) months (through November 1)|
|Representation:||Principals only, please|
This leading networking storage industry company needs a contract Managing Editor to coordinate the efforts of up to five copywriters updating multiple web sites to make the experience seamless and the content clear, concise, and findable.
You’ll work onsite in San Jose reviewing and editing copy for 800+ web pages from three distinct web domains, overseeing and driving all aspects of content creation by collaborating with in-house SMEs and managing copywriter and editor resources.
You’ll focus on enhancing existing product, solution, and technology-related content and will add approximately 10% original material, so you’ll need a working understanding of contemporary networking and/or storage products.
Of course you’ll also need superior copyediting and project-management skills.
The audience for this content includes IT, network, and storage managers, directors, and C-level executives and the content will be deployed via direct sales, OEMs, channel partners, distributors and system integrators.
This will be full-time (40 hours/week), fully onsite work in San Jose, through November 1, 2014. The pay rate is open but the client is price-sensitive and the bidding is currently in the proposal stage.
- Solid working knowledge of storage and networking technology
- Excellent copyediting and proven project-management skills
- Track record of productive collaboration with cross-functional teams as well as autonomous productivity
- Full-time availability
- Ability and willingness to work entirely onsite in San Jose (travelling at your own expense)
- Experience writing about storage technology for Hitachi Data Systems, NetApp, Brocade, EMC, etc.
- Technical publications management background
Please email your Word-formatted resume (and a cover letter highlighting any relevant but less-than-obvious experience) to Andrew Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org, citing “CSM-421” in your Subject line.